Quick Veggie Pasta
Eating healthy should never be an issue. However, because of our busy lifestyles with work, children, and other activities, it may prove to be a bit of a challenge at times. We should not use that as an excuse! There are plenty of ways to get those healthy meals prepared . Here is a very simply recipe for a quick meal that takes under 30 minutes to prep and cook!
2 Small Potatoes
Seasoning & Spices
1. Prepare and cut all veggies
2. Place cut veggies and spinach on a baking sheet
3. Drizzle coconut oil lightly on veggies, massage oil into them and season to taste
4. Once veggies are seasoned per preference, repeat massage technique performed in previous step
5. Roast veggies in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes
6. While veggies roast, boil water
7. Add kamut to water then turn stove heat to simmer for 10 minutes or until tender
8. Remove veggies from stove, serve on top of tender kamut
9. Spinach should be nice and crispy after roasting, so all you have to do is crunch it over the pasta and veggies and enjoy !
There are plenty of nutrients in this veggie packed pasta bowl.
With 1 cup of kamut pasta, you can expect 10 grams of protein.
The potatoes pack enough potassium to satisfy at least 40% of your recommended daily value. This is an essential need for your nervous system.
The okra and the butternut squash are full of fiber and a number of vitamins, that are responsible for keeping your digestive system on a normal tract.
From spinach you should expect plenty of iron responsible for building the blood cells.
The carrots are full of beta carotene and other antioxidants that will aid in the health of your eyes and mouth .
Besides it's vitamin C rich characteristic, the red bell pepper is also is high in phytochemicals and carotenoids that help help your body fight off disease causing radicals!
It is important that you continue to include more vegetables in your diet so that you have the opportunity to replenish the vitamins and nutrients that may be missing from your body. Lack of time should never be an excuse to why you are unable to prepare a fully nutritious meal. Dishes such as this one prove that you can save time, money and yourself all in one!